- This event has passed.
Colorado State Fair Parade
August 25 @ 6:45 am - 9:00 pm
***Important notes, please read all the way through***
- There are 2 performances for the State Fair Parade: (1) The parade, this is the portion that is judged, and (2) the shell performance at the Shell inside the Fair Grounds.
- This is a long and hot day. Please eat a good breakfast prior to coming to school. We will NOT be providing breakfast on the bus this year.
- There is very little time between parade and shell performance and we must take the bus there, therefore students need to bring a quick protein based snack to eat on the short ride to the shell performance drop off area.
- After the shell performance, Students will have time to explore the fair on their own. Please bring plenty of money for lunch, dinner, snacks and drinks. Budget your money and make sure you keep enough for water throughout the day. It’s very easy to get dehydrated down there.
- Parents: the kids are in full uniform and it is very hot in Pueblo. Therefore, we need suppport people/parents to walk the parade route with the students to provide hydration and spray the them down with water while they are marching. Wagons are helpful for carrying water and water sprayers. Please see this Slyreply link to help!
Schedule for State Fair Parade in Pueblo:
- 6:45AM – Call time in the band room.
- 7:15AM – Pull out from school
- 9:30AM – Line up for Parade, we are #28 and will be positioned between W. Evans Ave and E. Routt Ave
- 10:00AM – Parade Start time
Immediately following the parade, we will need to make our way to the Fair Grounds for the performance at the Shell.
- 12:30pm – Line up time for Shell performance
- 12:45pm – March to Band Shell
- 1:00pm – Shell performance time
- 1:15pm – Walk back to trailer to store uniforms and drop off instruments
- 1:30pm-6:00pm – Explore the fair
- 6:00pm – Award presentation at the Band Shell – Drum Majors, Auxiliary Captains, Dance and Cheer Captains must be present at presentation
We will depart immediately after presentations
8:30PM – Approximate arrival time back at school, we will need all students to help unload the trailer prior to going home. If everyone helps, this should not take more than 15-20 minutes.
Directions to the Colorado State Fair
Traveling from the North: I-25 South to Exit 97A (Central Avenue Exit). Go north one block to Northern Avenue. Turn left on Northern Avenue to Prairie Avenue. Turn right on Prairie Avenue and go two blocks to fairgrounds.
(Click each map to enlarge it)